What is a mask and why do you need it?
A paintball mask is a safety gear that will protect your head and eyes for possible injuries during a paintball session. Some may not want to wear one as some may view them as an inconvenience, however venues require wearing the safety so that the players’ safety will be ensured.
Here are some reasons why you are required to use a mask:
- The lens of the mask will protect your face and eyes. Although paintball can be considered as a safe game, you may get injured if you remove your safety gears. Serious injuries can be acquired when you remove your mask.
- The vents of the mask will prevent fogging, thus you do not have to worry on having your view or eyesight obstructed from your lens being fogged. Furthermore the vent of the mask makes it easier to breathe.
- The foam inside the mask will help with your comfort. The foam will prevent you from feeling most of the impact that is caused by the paintballs. Thus the foam does not only keep you comfortable but it also helps with your safety.
- The visors will keep the sun from getting into your eyes. The visor will with your vision as it will protect your eyes from the sun thus you will not have to worry from getting obstructed by the sunlight.
- The chinstrap will keep the mask on your head. If your mask get removed in the middle of the game it can get pretty dangerous for you, chinstraps keep your mask intact to your head.
- The mask will keep your ears safe, getting hit in then ears can be plenty of painful without the mask. It can cause serious injuries to your ears, that mask will keep any paint from getting into your ears.
When it comes to home basketball hoops, the most important part of the whole system that should be considered would be the backboard. The backboard is the basis for the equipment’s durability and stability.
There are different kinds of materials that can be used for the backboard, depending on one’s budget and available resources, but the two commonly used types are wood and glass (i.e., tempered glass). For a more detailed take on the backboard materials used, you can check this website.
Let us see what are the pros and cons of having wood or tempered glass as the backboard material for your in-ground basketball system.
- Easy to install
- Speedy set up of the basketball hoop when wood is used as the backboard
- Not durable and weather-proof – durability lowers every time the board gets soaked from heavy rainfall
- Tends to absorb the ball – the ball doesn’t bounce off it as easily as compared to the tempered glass type.
- More strength needed to execute common basketball moves like lay ups and dunks
- Blocks the audience’s view or line of sight
Tempered Glass Backboard
- Extremely durable – more rigid as compared to other backboard materials
- More rigid – the more rigid a material is, the better the rebound that it will be able to provide when the ball bounces off it.
- Gives a more professional look
- Does not block the audience’s line of sight or view
- Pricey, especially if you are to look on the high-end types. However, you can always look for intermediately-priced ones in the market or ask your local manufacturer if they have affordable deals
Since we have already made a breakdown of the advantages and disadvantages of using glass or wood for the backboard, the choice is left for you to be done. Of course, you can always upgrade to a better one as long as you are able to.